The inception of St. Theresa's Girls' School dates back to July 1982. It was established by the Sisters of the Cross of Chavanod. The School is situated on a 5 acre plot in Piplani, sanctioned on lease by the B.H.E.L authorities. The School has grown up slowly and steadily and presently has to its credit 65 staff members and 1800 students on roll.
For nineteen years our school was affiliated to the M.P. State Board and carved a niche for itself as one of the well-known schools. This school got affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi w.e.f. April 2001.
Drawing inspiration from the Gospel of Jesus and the life of our founders, M. Claudine Echernier, we, the Sisters of the Cross strive to reveal to all, the merciful love of the Father and the liberating power of the Paschal Mystery through our ministry of education, by giving priority to the poor but not exclusively and the oppressed, especially the women and the youth.
St. Theresa's Girls' School strives to realize the national goals of education, but it does so with its own Spirit and Vision.
OUR THRUST - 'EDUCATION FOR SOCIAL CHANGE'.
In order to make this vision a reality, we commit ourselves to a new direction in educational work. We need the whole-hearted co-operation of parents, staff, students and former students to make education an instrument of social change.